Your child will be introduced to Bible stories and characters. They will learn songs, a short "grace" to say before snack time, and monthly Bible verses.
Academic and Social Skills
Children develop at their own pace and reach milestones at different times. They each have their own learning methods. Often overlapping, most children will learn more towards a definitive learning style, either tactile, auditory or visual. The program provides multiple learning aids and toys to promote each child's style.
Small motor skills: cutting, pasting, coloring, painting, hammering, and working with different types of materials
- Recognition of colors, shapes, numbers, and letters
- Classroom skills: how to stand in line, take turns speaking, follow simple instructions, and be "teacher's helper"
- Social skills: how to interact with one another, how to solve problems in a positive way, and how to be courteous to one another
- Communication skills through show 'n' tell, play acting, and discussion
- Appreciation of books and poems through story time and enjoying new books in our library
- Community awareness through studies of community helpers and field trips
- Awareness of the world around us through studies about seasons, animals, foods, our bodies, our senses, cooking projects, and holidays
- Large motor skills through playing on our playground and using our gym